Nervous About Your Brand Shoot? Here's 7 Tips to SHINE
No clue where to start? I can help! #ShineStudioTip💫
Let's set the scene: Your session is booked. The date is set. You've received your Prep Kit from me. YAY!
But you start to think:
I don’t know what to wear.
I don't know how to pose.
Where should we even shoot?!
Here are 7 things you can do to help shake off the nerves and get prepared for your branding photoshoot:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. LET’S CHAT // I'm ALWAYS here! As I mention in How It Works, upon reserving your time and date, I'll send over a pre-session planning questionnaire along with your Prep Kit. The questionnaire helps me to better understand your vision for the shoot, and can help me create some ideas for your review.
Your Prep Kit contains tips for outfit selection, props, and posing. At any time in the planning process, we can hop on the phone to help get any additional questions you may have answered. Just say the word, and I can direct everything from location selection, to stylist & makeup artist recs from my preferred vendor list, anything you need! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. CLOTHES // Wear what makes you feel confident + comfortable (and is on-brand). Steam/iron your clothes + pack them so they don't get wrinkled. Pack the night before & have your things waiting by the door before it’s time to go ⠀
3. PRACTICE YOUR POSES // It may feel silly, but start practicing different angles and poses in front of a mirror-- but don’t forget, this is where I come in, gorgeous! Whether you’re a seasoned posing pro or have never stepped in front of the lens, I am here to guide and direct you day-of, and make you see the beautiful, powerful queen you are!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. BUDGET FOR H/MUA // Let your hair & makeup be one less thing to worry about! I've got local recommendations for all hair and skin types!
5. PREP YOUR PROPS // Week of your shoot, begin collecting items you want in your shots. From your branded product to a fav coffee cup, you can gather these items throughout the week, so you’re all set day of the shoot.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
6. TUNES // Make a playlist of tunes that make you feel your most confident, and blast them on your way to our session (we can keep 'em going during the shoot, too!) ⠀
7. CELEBRATE! // The planning is done! Our shoot is a full-on celebration, and I'm just "that friend" who showed up with a camera, who'll have you laughing, while ensuring you look fab!⠀
That's precisely how things felt with Sarah, @thepowerhousecoach in her Summerville, SC shoot. Peep below for the beautiful setting, drool-worthy outfits, and fun, feminine vibe!
Again, I am always here to help answer any questions you may have before, during and after our shoot! Like I always say, planning our session is a collaborative process, that way you get exactly what you envision for your brand. ⠀